The Youths of Ebira, it’s with mixed feelings of joy and sadness - Baba

BY NEWS ONLINE, JUN 26, 2019

AS THE CONGRESS RISES AND BLAZES ON!

...being an acceptance speech by Baba Abdulrazak, the President-General, Ebira Youth Congress (EYC) on the occasion of tenure extension for the sixth NEC of the Congress...

My dear compatriots, the youths of Ebira, it’s with mixed feelings of joy and sadness that I today accept the gracious extension of tenure for my leadership of the Congress.

Yes! joy because, after a long and helpless while in the lull, a situation that largely resulted from an unholy attempt by some external forces to interfere in our transition program, the Congress has decided to defy the odds and press on.

Yet still, I am saddened for the fact that rather than to have successfully conducted an election and usher-in a fresh leadership for the Congress some fifteen months ago, here we are constrained to pitch our tent with a less appealing alternative.

In any case, I say congratulations! Your will has prevailed once again; though not as you had fully wanted. What else can I say, having, to no avail, exhausted all available and viable options at resolving the hitherto transition impasse.


To trade blames at this critical moment in the life of the Congress is to be uncharitable. At least, if not for anything, I am quite aware that the bucks stop at my table, and that everything rises and falls on leadership, hence my earnest regret over the immediate past near-darkness that was foisted on the Congress. I take responsibility.

I appreciate your support and the expression of confidence in my leadership, which your action today aptly represents. I consider your decision a profound reaffirmation of your commitment, passion and determination towards evolving an ideal Ebira and its future which you and I stand for.

Today, the Congress has risen and set to blaze on, shaming suppression, intimidation and harassment because of your resolve to stand unbowed even with your head bleeding. I beseech you all to stick to this path!

Let me, on behalf of my fellow Executive Council members assure you that we shall, more than ever, serve you with a renewed vigour and commitment. This will be done in accordance with the provisions of the EYC Charter and Constitution which are drawn on the philosophical bases of uprightness, justice, peace, development and other soaring values.
The Congress under my watch will not only conduct an election that will stand the test of time, but will do so in good time - God helping us!

In the period under consideration, I shall strive harder to further my administration's efforts at building adequate leadership base; one that is purpose driven and enduring. A leadership that runs through generations-  like our founding fathers and heroes have notably done.
Note, however, that this vision will, at most, become a mirage without you rising up to play your part effectively. I challenge you to put my leadership on its toes.

At this juncture, I like to pay warm tributes to our revered Congress' Council of Elders under the sterling leadership of Rt. comrade Haroun Opotu, as chairman. Your continued guidance of the Congress on the path of honor gladdens all progressive hearts. The Council's role in getting the Congress on its feet again is priceless. Permit me to specially recognize Dist. Comrade (Sir) Suleiman  Joseph (Manjoe), the Council's Vice Chairman; Dist. Comrade (Alh) M.I. Japa, Council's Secretary; Dist. Comrade Gomina Kadiri, Ex-PG; Dist. Comrade Nuhu Ogrima, ex-PG,  and my friend, big brother and predecessor, Comrade Sheik Mamman.

I can't but appreciate too, Ebira Tradition Council (the Ohis and Tarus) members of the religious bodies, the leadership  of Ebira  people Association (EPA), EYC local chapters (Lokoja, Ajaokuta, Abuja, Obajana and others),  friends of the Congress and others who have in one way or another, directly and indirectly, intervened in the issues that had held the Congress down. Your efforts will not be in vain.  Amen!

As I conclude, I like to use medium to, once again, appeal to the authorities, particularly the Kogi State government to see EYC as a partner in the progress of Ebira nation, kogi state and the Nigeria as whole. The Congress shall continue to engage critical  stakeholders for the good of all.

Ezi'anebira, let us sustain the struggle, for victory beckons some day!

Avo nini.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post