Yahaya Bello, the chain breaker who changed the political history of the Ebira people
Thank you for coming at a time when many of us believed certain political barriers could never be broken. Your emergence gave many Ebira people a renewed sense of belonging, confidence, and possibility.
For me, your journey represents more than politics. It represents the breaking of a psychological barrier, the belief that an Ebira man could rise to the highest political office in Kogi State and change the narrative. You made that possibility real, not once, but through three remarkable electoral victories, and we remain on course for another chapter.
My liberator, my chain breaker, and a leader whose political journey I deeply appreciate, thank you for all you have done and continue to do.
I believe your political journey is far from over. Perhaps 2031, perhaps beyond, but I sincerely believe that one day, the opportunity may come for you to take your experience and leadership to the national stage and pursue the highest office in Nigeria. When that day comes, many of us will remember where the journey began.
For now, I have chosen to keep your picture as my wallpaper, not merely as a political statement, but as a personal reminder of how far our people have come. I never imagined that an Ebira man would become Governor of Kogi State and return to that office through the ballot on multiple occasions. You helped make that history possible.
History is often better understood with time. I believe that generations yet unborn will look back at this period and appreciate the significance of what your political emergence represented for the Ebira people.
To my people, loyalty should not be blind, but it should also not be ungrateful. Where a leader has contributed meaningfully to our collective political history, acknowledging that contribution is not weakness. It is appreciation.
Thank you, White Lion, for being a part of a chapter that changed the political narrative of our people.
By Adaviruku Sheriffideen
