I have the capacity to govern Kogi state - Prince Mustapha Audu



- Prince Mustapha Mona Audu is an emerging political force in Kogi state politics
 - Ever since he declared to be the governor of the state, his political value seems to have gone higher
- The graduate of the University of Glasgow, Scotland, has declared that he is not lacking in capacity to move Kogi state forward 

Prince Mustapha Audu has declared that he has the capacity to govern Kogi state, while stating that Governor Yahaya Bello has not performed in government because he is usurper.

Audu, 37, made the statement during an exclusive interview with Legit.ng in Abuja on Thursday, June 27.

Mustapha who is the son of former governor of Kogi state, Prince Abubakar Audu and a graduate of the University of Glasgow, Scotland, stated that Governor Bello does not even know the value of the office of a governor.

His words: “What happened in Kogi state was not a case of either a young person or whatever. What it is, is that, when you don’t work for something, you don’t know the value.

“Even though there were many involved in building up the APC in Kogi state, he was never part of it. So, for him to come and deliver on promises he never made is impossible. This is why the government has not performed.”

Prince Audu went on to say beyond being the son of the later former governor, he has the capacity to take Kogi state to greater heights.

His words: “When I say I have capacity, it simply means I understand the intricacies needed to move a state like Kogi forward. I have heard people say Kogi is a civil service state. This shows a complete failure in leadership.

“Kogi state like any other state has the potential to be one of the greatest states in Nigeria. The state needs a leader that will transform the resources available for the benefit of the people.

“I have the experience in my work and my field of expertise. I have worked in the Nigerian stock market, in entrepreneurial - from real estate, to mining, agriculture, sports, cleaning. These are the exact fields needed to transform the fortunes of Kogites.

“Kogi state is the richest state in Nigeria in terms of minerals with 31 in commercial quantity. So, my mining background will be essential in transforming the mining sector.

“I am running because I believe that am qualified to run for this office. I believe that my experience in the field of entrepreneurship in Nigeria especially in the Nigerian market has exposed me to doing business and the atmosphere and understanding interactions between government and her people. These are the qualities that have qualified me for this office.




“But, also, being late Prince Abubabakar Audu’s son who was by far the greatest ever politician and leader in Kogi state is an advantage for me to take, because I spent years under his tutelage. I spent years of understanding his vision for the people and his method of politicking which was always grassroots…so I think all of this are an advantage for me to use.”

Meanwhile, a volunteer group of youths from Kogi state, Kogi Youth Movement (KYM), on Wednesday, June 19, rejected the second term ambition of Governor Bello, and insisted on direct primary to pick the candidate of the APC.

The youths who protested against Bello’s second term ambition at the Unity Fountain arena in Abuja with placards of different inscriptions, said the KYM was adding their voice to the millions of others voices in the state that have rejected the governor’s ambition.

Secretary of the group, Mr Ayuba Abdullahi, told journalists during the protest that their aim was to ensure good governance and to foster youth development in all its ramifications.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post