Chief Habibat and the Quiet Power of Generosity, Loyalty and Grassroots Service
By Prince Muhammed Otaiki
There are people whose impact does not need excessive publicity. Their character, generosity, loyalty and consistency speaks for them long before anyone decides to put a pen to paper.
This is how I have come to observe Chief Habibat Tijjani Onumoko, FCNA.
I have deliberately chosen not to write about her until now because I am someone who watches closely before I write about people. I believe genuine commendation should come from observation, not familiarity or mere political association.
What I have seen in Chief Habibat is that she is a woman who understands that public service is not only about position, but about people. Her kindness, accessibility and willingness to give attention to ordinary citizens reflect a genuine sense of responsibility.
Her generosity is not limited to material things. Sometimes, generosity is expressed through time, listening, encouragement, presence and the willingness to make people feel valued. These are qualities that have become increasingly rare in public life.
Beyond her personal qualities, her commitment to the party and her FAWWASS Team is also worthy of recognition. She has consistently demonstrated the ability to mobilise large and diverse followers, bringing together members from different parts of Kogi State. The size and spread of the team reflect the relationships she has built across communities and her ability to connect with people beyond political boundaries.
Perhaps what makes her conduct even more remarkable is the influence of her upbringing. She appears to be consciously emulating the values of her father, particularly the culture of generosity, humility, loyalty and concern for others. Such values are difficult to imitate because they are revealed through consistent actions and the way a person treats people.
Chief Habibat represents a refreshing reminder that political participation can still be driven by loyalty, service and genuine human connection.
For me, this is not about praising someone simply because she occupies a public position or plays an active role within the party. It is about acknowledging what I have watched, studied and observed over time.
I may not write about everyone I meet, but when I eventually put my pen to someone, I want my words to be based on what I have genuinely seen.
In Chief Habibat Tijjani Onumoko, I see a woman whose generosity, loyalty, grassroot connection and commitment to her people deserve to be acknowledged.
May she continue to grow in wisdom, strength and service to humanity.
