Bello Receives Nollywood Veteran Chinedu Ikedieze, Urges Support for President Tinubu Ahead of 2027
Nollywood veteran, Chinedu Ikedieze, has described former Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, CON, as a man of vision and courage whose administration brought significant development to the state.
Ikedieze, who described Bello as a very good friend, said he became an admirer of the former governor from the very day he learnt of his election as Governor of Kogi State.
He said Bello had done remarkably well in office, stressing that his antecedents and the visible developments across the state spoke louder than anything else. He added that he was particularly pleased with the former governor’s performance and the impact of his administration.
“Your Excellency, you have been a very good friend of mine. I did not just become fond of you now or yesterday. I fell in love with you the very first day I read about your election as Governor of Kogi State. At that age, I said to myself that there is a future for Nigeria when you see young people taking the helm of affairs.
“I am happy to let you know that you did not disappoint. I have been to Lokoja and have traversed the state several times. I have seen what you did, and it is good to know that age is still on your side for more meaningful impact,” he said.
The Nollywood veteran also told Bello that he remained ready to contribute his quota to the development and greatness of Nigeria. He said he did not want to be among those who merely prayed for a prosperous Nigeria without making any personal contribution towards achieving it.
Ikedieze said he believed Nigerians, particularly those with influence in society, had a responsibility to contribute to building a better country.
Responding, Yahaya Bello welcomed his guest and commended him for what he described as his “One Nigeria spirit”, noting that Ikedieze represents many positive things to many Nigerians.
Bello also praised the actor’s creativity, talent and cinematic ingenuity, observing that Ikedieze and the wider Nigerian film industry had made significant contributions to the country’s economy and international image.
The former governor urged the Nollywood veteran to work with his colleagues to become more actively involved in the nation’s political and civic process.
Bello encouraged Ikedieze and other influential Nigerians in the creative industry to support President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and contribute their voices and influence towards the pursuit of a greater and more prosperous Nigeria ahead of the 2027 general elections.
He noted that nation-building should not be left solely to politicians, stressing that professionals, entertainers, business leaders and other influential citizens all have important roles to play in shaping the country’s future.



