OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN, OKEHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT. July 8th, 2023. SUSPENSION OF


OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN,

OKEHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT.

July 8th, 2023.

SUSPENSION OF MR OCHIJI J.D OBOJO, SPECIAL ADVISER ON MEDIA & PUBLICITY OVER UNWARRANTED PROVOCATIVE STATEMENTS.

1. My attention has been drawn to a recent unwarranted derogatory Media article posted on Social Media (Facebook) by my Media Aide, Mr Ochiji J.D Obojo over a public issue that has called for concerns from the general public.

2. I would like to state unequivocally here that Ochiji J.D Obojo has acted in his personal capacity to comment on the impasse involving some notable Ebira Citizens, and of course his consequent blasphemous statements on the exalted holy lands of Makkah and Madinah, which has drawn criticisms on my humble self is hereby condemned in entirety.

3. I had at no time directed him to comment in my official capacity involving such matters and therefore, through this medium completely condemn and as well dissociate myself and Okehi Local Government from his derogatory, inciting and blasphemous activities on Social Media. As a practicing Muslim, I've never and in no time would denigrate any person and or faith and so, would not accept with kid gloves any of my appointee or associate involving in such misdoings.

4. By the virtue of the above, I would like the general public to dissociate my humble person and my Office from the matter in question and henceforth, should not be connected to Ochiji J.D Obojo's Social Media opinions.

5. Consequent upon the foregoing, I therefore, suspend Ochiji J.D Obojo from Office as my SA on Media & Publicity with immediate effect and my SSA on Media & Publicity, Muhammed Jamiu Otaiki to act in his capacity pending further actions.

6. All inconveniences caused by this unwarranted provocation is highly regretted.

Signed:

Hon Abdulraheem Ohiare,

Executive Chairman,

Okehi Local Government.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post